Now that the new playground has been installed and the causeway repaired, our focus will shift to education and the sustainable conservation of Salter Grove. Our plans are to:
• create a natural history website that will be navigable and listenable on a smartphone, like the audio-guide devices used in museums
• lay out several nature trails and label plants in different habitats.
The new, comprehensive website and nature trails will encourage families, teachers, and students to learn together and mobilize multigenerational support for the preservation of this wonderful natural resource that provides relief from urban stress.
We have already started to apply for grants to implement this next phase. Please consider making a donation to help move this project along.
Donor recognition will be as follows:
• $100– website recognition at Bronze level
• $250– website recognition at Silver level
• $500– website recognition at Gold level + your name on a plaque on or near the equipment at the park!
FoSG is working with its fiscal sponsor, the This means that your donation will be 100% tax-deductible!
To help make the improvements to Salter Grove a reality, please make your gift as follows:
1. Make your check payable to: New England Grassroots Environment Fund.
2. On the memo line write: For Friends of Salter Grove.
3. Mail your check to:
Attn: Michael Jarvis
60 Fillmore St.
Warwick, RI 02888
2. Complete the form.
3. Be sure to select “Fiscal Sponsored Group” from the Program dropdown menu and then enter “Friends of Salter Grove”.
Payment is by credit card only (Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx).
Thank you for your generous support!