Playground update! Thanks to the hard work and generosity of many parties, we’ve come a long way since 2016 when we started planning for a new playground to replace the tired, forty-year-old equipment. We are grateful for all of your help.
With the support of grants, individual contributions, the City of Warwick, and RIDEM, we are now so close to being able to achieve everything we set out to do. Even with such generous support, we had to omit one key piece of climbing equipment from the playground. Can you help?
The cool climber seen above would be accessible to young kids and provides variety and challenge for children of all ages. Its total cost, including installation, is $10,500. We hope we can count on your support to buy this great piece of equipment!
Work on installing the new playground will start soon. We have applied for grants towards the cost of the climber and hope that, with your help, it will be part of the new playground. If we do not raise the full amount, we will put the funds towards amenities for the park, such as safety fencing.
Whatever you can give, it will help make the playground at Salter Grove a great asset for our children and the neighborhood. Thank you!
Donor recognition will be as follows:
• $100– website recognition at Bronze level
• $250– website recognition at Silver level
• $500– website recognition at Gold level + your name on a plaque on or near the equipment at the park!
FoSG is working with its fiscal sponsor, the This means that your donation will be 100% tax-deductible!
To help make the improvements to Salter Grove a reality, please make your gift as follows:
1. Make your check payable to: New England Grassroots Environment Fund.
2. On the memo line write: For Friends of Salter Grove.
3. Mail your check to:
Attn: Michael Jarvis
60 Fillmore St.
Warwick, RI 02888
2. Complete the form.
3. Be sure to select “Fiscal Sponsored Group” from the Program dropdown menu and then enter “Friends of Salter Grove”.
Payment is by credit card only (Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx).
Thank you for your generous support!